Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Latest email - the work is going forward



So this week so far has been amazing. We had the privilege to go to the temple in Brigham City today, and we are playing laser tag again today. The Lord has super blessed my companion and I this last week. We had the goal of 11 lessons with a member present by Sunday, and on Saturday night we only had seven. We prayed hard, and never thought a negative thought on Sunday. Our only planned lesson for Sunday cancelled, and we had an hour long meeting after church, and then a two hour ward activity as well, giving us four and a half open hours to just find people. My companion and I just packed a lunch, found three different members to go with us at different times, and skipped dinner (we let the other missionaries have our dinner appointment) and at the last moment, were able to get exactly four lessons. Since then (Monday I guess) we have had four more, with two planned today, and another nine already planned for the rest of this week! The Lord is amazing!
On another note, one of the missionaries here prayed to win an I pod, and did! He won a seventh generation touchscreen I pod nano with sixteen gigabytes of information. I haven't gotten any paper mail in over a week, which means hopefully I will get a lot very soon. :)  When I tell people I am from Washington everyone asks me if it snows there, and also if I like the forest and the mountains. They are surprised when I say, we have a desert and as well, that it snows there. Still haven't received word about a visa, oh well. I have been pretty worn out from the work in the last few days. There is a new woman who wants to get baptized, but her family and her ex are against it. She even has witch doctors from Mexico who are cursing her with charms and spells. We testified of the power of God to expel all evil though, and the spirit was very strong in our lesson. We brought her outside, showed her the stars, and the moon, the grass and the trees, and told her the Lord has power over all, and would protect her.
I am not good at just talking about everyday stuff, so just ask me some random questions, and I will be able to answer them. Oh, I took a huge, really expensive test by gallop survey services, (paid for by the mission) to tell me what my talents are. They are pretty interesting, take a look. 

NOTE: I don't think he would care if anyone wants to see his results of his  Gallop survey.  Just email me and I will send it to you if you didn't get a copy of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment