Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Email from January 7th that should have been posted prior to the last two posts...ooppss!




we have a lady who is trying to get married so she can get baptized, but her husband got deported, so there might be some problems there. We visit many people, but they have a HARD time keeping commitments and teaching appointments. We keep pressing forward though. 

Everyone feeds us well though. We haven't gone one night without eating! I have had Guatemalan food, Mexican food, food from Honduras, Chile, Peru, Argentina, and all these people buy ingredients from their home country so it is super authentic!

I am feeling pretty well, I got sick the other day and just cleaned the apartment. It just won the golden plunger award for the cleanest apartment in the whole mission. I am proud of that. :) We are trying to get investigators active, but the Spanish branch meets at nine now! Ahhh! They hear that and get uncomfortable. Oh well. I don't know when I will head down to Mexico, and I might get as little as two day's notice. I have actually gained ten pounds. I am back on the Atkins diet, and am gaining a lot of weight because I do ten push-ups or twenty sit-ups or eight pull ups or ten dips every time I walk through a doorway at the apartment. I am definitely dancing, and the Elders are slowly learning. I also learned how to juggle! A member is going to let us use his punching bag and gloves to work on cardio as well.

...I pray for you, all of the family, and my friends, every night before I go to bed. I hope you have a great January. Look up on youtube the dance of the parachicos. It is a celebration that takes place in Chiapas for most of the month of January. One of the members of our Spanish ward here is from Chiapas. It is great! He fed is Chiapan food last night. He said when I get there I will be eating a lot of bugs. Hmmm...

I gave my first 3 blessings for the sick this month. I need to practice those in Spanish...

Love you all,
Que les Vayan Bien,
Elder Norris

 

No comments:

Post a Comment